Cookies are small text files that websites send to the user’s terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) and which are stored before being re-transmitted to the same sites at the next visit by the same user. Cookies are used for different purposes: execution of authentication information, monitoring sessions, storing information about specific configurations about users accessing the server, sending targeted advertisements to the interests expressed by the user during navigation, etc.. When visiting a site, a user can receive and store cookies that have been sent to Web sites from different servers (“third parties”) in its terminal.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Based on the law regarding personal data protection a cookie can then be divided into “technical”, which does not require consent, and “profiling” for promotional purposes, which requires the user’s consent. It is necessary to inform the user and receive their consent even for the use of “third party” cookies.
This type of cookie is further subdivided into:
Navigation / session cookie. This cookie is fundamental to be able to navigate the site using all its features, such as maintenance of the session and access to restricted areas. It is necessary, because otherwise it would not be possible to provide the services requested. This cookie does not collect information to be used for commercial purposes.
Analytical-type cookie. This collects and analyzes information about the site by visitors (page views, number of visits, time spent on the website, etc.) in order to optimize management of the site. This cookie does not collect information that can identify the user in any way.
Functional cookie. This allows browsing based on a set of selected criteria (such as language) in order to provide the user with a better browsing experience. The information gathered from this type of cookie is anonymous.
Third Party Cookies
Cookies can be installed from other sites when navigating on the website, accessible from the site but managed by other parties (third-party). In this case the owner of the site only acts as a technical intermediary between the user and these sites.
DISABLING AND ELIMINATION OF COOKIES
The settings of the browser used for navigation by the end-user both allow the cancellation and the possibility of avoiding the installation of cookies on the electronic device used.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click on “Tools” at the top of the browser window and select “Internet Options” and then click on the “Privacy” tab;
2. To activate cookies, the privacy level must be set to “Medium” or below;
1. Click on “Tools” at the top of the browser window and select “Options”;
2. Select the “Privacy” icon;
3. Click on “Cookies”, then select whether or not to “Accept cookies from sites” and “Accept third party cookies”;
1. Click the menu icon Chrome
2. Select Settings.
3. At the bottom of the page, click Show Advanced Settings.
4. In the “Privacy” section, click Content settings.
5. Enable or disable cookies:
– To enable cookies, select “Allow saving data locally” (recommended).
– To disable cookies, select “Block sites from setting any data.”
6. Click Finish to save.
1. Click on “Cog” at the top of the browser window and select “Preferences”;
2. Click on “Security” and choose the option “Block third-party cookies for advertising”;
3. Click on “Save”.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or disable third parties or marketing / retargeting cookies, you can visit specific sites such as www.youronlinechoices.com.
COOKIES USED BY THE SITE
The site uses:
Navigation / session cookies
Analytical type cookies
Own profiling Cookies
Third Party Cookies
The site can use some services from different vendors (Google Inc., Facebook Inc. and other Social Media and Sharing Networks such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Yelp, ShareThis, etc.) which can in turn install technical / or profiling cookies. If you wish to have information about these third party cookies and how to disable them selectively you can do so by accessing the page http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/le-tue-scelte.
Note: Unless there are other settings on your browser, continuing with navigation means consent in the use of these cookies. When closing the concise information (banner), consent will be recorded in a technical cookie which lasts one year.